Zorot-shirt - Official Anthony Rizzo Player Number 44 Shirt
Buy this shirt: Zorot-shirt - Official Anthony Rizzo Player Number 44 Shirt
But I embraced it. I tried my best to be a gracious hostess; I baked challah and I cooked elaborate Ottolenghi-inspired meals with a side of Ashkenazi delicacies. I ironed table linens and laid out my precious wedding china. Three years into our marriage, I was working full-time as a journalist, and on Friday afternoons, I would race home from the Official Anthony Rizzo Player Number 44 Shirt and by the same token and office, pregnant and with a toddler at home, my anxiety peaking as the subway got delayed, my mind racing through all the food that I needed to cook before sunset, before the clock would strike and Shabbat would begin and nothing could be done. These pre-pandemic days come to me now as a blur of sweat, of crippling insecurity, constant self-consciousness, notebooks in which one side of the page have story notes and the other side Shabbat menus. And it was strange because while my writing often focused on women’s issues and gender discrimination, I wondered why, in my personal life, I was bowing to a parochial role prescribed for me: a demanding volunteer role, one that was largely defined by marriage and less by merit. As described in a 1832 Christian minister’s manual: a clergy wife ought to view herself above all as “wedded to her husband’s parish, and to the best interests of his flock.”

Oh, but I failed at it. I never managed to do it all, the Official Anthony Rizzo Player Number 44 Shirt and by the same token and superwoman act, the ability to work several shifts: to go to my office daily and be a mother and to make every bereavement visit and to call people when they’re sick; to go to every wedding and to teach the Torah to women and to always look just-so. I tried my best to multitask, but found myself overworked, run ragged. I slowly learned how to grit my teeth and smile, no matter what we were enduring. I understood that the real challenge of being a clergy wife was less in social obligations and more in the silent emotional labor. Before marriage, I had a rather rosy idea of what it meant to be a rebbetzin—conjuring images of an elegant hostess, warm homemade challahs, an effortlessly dressed table—and through these props, the promise of a spiritual high. But the reality was much closer to me in a headscarf standing barefoot in my tiny kitchen, juggling aluminum pans, red-faced from the oven heat, stressing that we did not, in fact, have enough table settings for all the guests expected and that the meat burnt and that a child was crying. I grew to resent it. All I wanted on Shabbat was to turn off my brain, to sleep. Quiet. A real Sabbath. Then, the pandemic granted me my secret wish. That sparkling and exhausting life stopped. The heart-stopping pace of social events, hosting people around my table, rushing between subway trips from the office to my apartment to kiss my children before once again heading out to a social function.

Home: Zorot-shirt
Nhận xét
Đăng nhận xét